3 Vital Steps that will get your Business Noticed During the Pandemic
Let’s start by stating, and then accepting, the obvious: marketing was evolving at a fast rate before the pandemic hit but now, the rules of the online world (or the digital jungle) have changed exponentially and forever!
Because of sudden lockdowns, restrictions and guidelines that affect all our businesses in one form or another, more and more people are starting that search for quality products/services primarily online. And for better or for worse, these same people will judge you based on the quality and depth of your online presence. It is absolutely becoming a “search research and select” world we live in.
That’s why we’re sharing three key steps that will get you noticed, and your clients/customers interested – even during a pandemic. Again, customers these days, are very comfortable with judging you and your business by your online presence alone. And now, more than ever, we need to embrace the fact that today, a huge part of getting your marketing right, is getting it right online – and here’s why.
People are now spending a third of their waking moments online! It’s time to take action.
It’s commonly understood that people spent a lot of time online prior to the pandemic, and that changed the way we lived and worked. But did you know that since the pandemic took a hold of all our lives, online screen time has increased to a whopping 6 hours and 42 minutes per day according to some reports? In addition, according to a 2020 report*, 88% of Australians have access to the internet and 71% of our total population are active social media users.
In short, most people are online, on social media and they are there, every day, for a considerable amount of time – especially when a lockdown occurs. You need to be there too… but what will people see when they get there and encounter your business?
This is where our three steps to better online marketing helps your business because what they might see is your “best-effort” at shining a light on your business’ offers and products. But is your best effort enough? Maybe, maybe not. The bad news might be that your online presence (both on your site and on social) does not measure up to the ocean of competition out there or indeed the expectations of your potential clients. Keep in mind, your customers have more time to be choosy nowadays – especially if they’re staying at home!
If you are running with a “run-of-the-mill website with some basic details on it”, this article is for you, and if you need help with marketing during the pandemic, why not have a chat with our marketing experts as well.
Okay, let’s get to the steps that will enhance your online presence.
3 vital steps that will get your business noticed – for all the right reasons
Again, there’s more to this than meets the eye however, understanding what needs to be achieved and how you can address these needs will certainly help elevate you above the online crowd. So, let’s get started.
1. Give your online presence a much-needed overhaul
Individualising your website is critical to success because it increases your chances of being noticed for the things you do well, better than the competition and to a standard that will delight your customers. Start by asking yourself these important questions:
- Does my website look stale, standard or basic? If so, it will certainly need a refresh.
- Is my site optimised for mobile? Most of your customers will see you online via their phone – will they see the full picture… or something less than your best.
- Is the use of keywords on my web pages helping potential customers get the information they’re looking for?
- How is the overall “user experience”? Clunky? Satisfying? Ordinary? Good but not great?
- Are your valued customers getting benefits from your valuable content? How often are you creating new content for them and is it working?
Again, these questions are undoubtedly critical to the success of businesses in today’s environment. But for a truly custom website or landing page that attracts attention and gets people focusing on your offer, speak with our team, we’re here to help.
2. Speak, share and interact with your customers on social media
We talk about social media a lot when it comes to deciding how to present and promote a business to the market. It makes sense because as mentioned earlier in this article, over two-thirds of Australia’s total population is active on social media and thanks to the pandemic, those figures are likely to increase. Here are a handful of ways to engage and involve them in your business:
- Show customers what your business does through videos and keep your content up-to-date and fresh. People want to know what you are doing (and what you can do for them) right now.
- Well-thought-out strategies result in even stronger campaigns that lead to even stronger engagement and ultimately, sales. We are experts in social media management so, feel free to talk with us about this important step.
- Create and deploy paid advertisements and sponsored posts because once your strategy is set, you are ready to amplify your message so your entire market can hear it (and see it) online.
- Let people know how they can benefit from engaging with you. Tell them about promotions and “limited time only” sales and opportunities that might excite them.
Anything you can do to keep that 71% of people on social media, in the loop and front of mind, benefit your business, you should be doing. And if you are not, you need to start now!
3. For different (and better) results, think creatively and do things differently
There’s no getting away from it, the pandemic has and continues to have, an enormous effect on how we interact and do business. The limitations are far-reaching but again, it’s all about making a difference where a difference counts for something. Here are some things you can do to “humanise” your online presence creatively which will help you stand out from the crowd:
- Bring your business to (real) life by featuring your employees and their stories. People connect with people, and this is a quick, simple and effective way to help customers connect with yours.
- Demonstrating support and empathy for your local community and the businesses within them using offers that may help with cash flow will be appreciated and
- Engaging and creatively-produced videos are a great way to deliver advice, build stories and chime in with product reviews to help current and future customers make the right decisions. Again, your advice will be appreciated and increase your influence.
Final point: these days, some businesses need to be able to demonstrate how they are operating within a safer environment and helping to keep customers safe. These are very important messages and, along with your key brand or business messages, they need to reach every possible customer. Thanks to our experience and expertise in PPC marketing and our recognised status as Elite Microsoft Partners and Google Premier Partners, we are perfectly placed to help you elevate your online presence.
If you haven’t actioned these important steps already, the time is now!
What Are You Waiting For?
Drive Traffic & Grow Your Business